The Lost Dexter Files

Earlier in the year, my website was hacked. Because I did not have a proper back-up, I lost ALL the pictures from my website. Most of them I was able to recover, but the pictures of when we went to pick-up Dexter from his breeder were lost. Imagine my surprise when Sean, Mr. I never delete anything, discovered some pictures AND videos on his phone!

When I first met the puppy horde. They were all revved up and ready to go! The puppy looking up at me could have been Dexter, the faces are quite similar.

Playing is hard work and puppy piles are warm and snuggly. Dexter is in the top right corner, wearing the collar. The black puppy was a Puli. Dexter’s breeder has a friend that breeds Pulis and Vizslas. They share a kennel.

Jersey meeting Dexter for the first time. We kept her in the car while we were visiting with the puppies. Jersey is fully vaccinated, but bringing an outside dog into the puppy kennel can spread disease, so better safe than sorry. Dexter was very sleepy and didn’t seem to care that he was meeting his big sister for the first time.

Watching the puppies play while I was talking to Dexter’s breeder.

More puppy playing! The center kennel is Dexter’s Daddy, Ripper. In the left kennel is a white Puli. In the right kennel is a black Puli with her puppy.

Holding Dexter for the first time. Unlike Jersey, he turned out NOT to be a hand biter!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This entry was posted in Growing Up Vizsla and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to The Lost Dexter Files

1. What fun! So, so glad you found these :-)
    Sue at Talking Dogs recently posted..Mutts Rule | Guest Post by the Dog DaddyMy Profile

2. houndstooth says:

Oooooh! I am melting into a puddle of goo! My gosh, the cuteness factor here is on overload today!
    houndstooth recently posted..A Not So Adventurous WeekendMy Profile

3. Pingback: The Lost Dexter Files | Pet News | Scoop.it

4. Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dennis the Vizsla recently posted..The DiagnosisMy Profile

5. KimT says:

You must have been ecstatic! Cute, cute, cute…:)
    KimT recently posted..Bo and the White House Holiday Season 2012My Profile

6. I am so happy for you! Sometimes you have to kiss men who hoard (I can say this safely on your blog). We lost all our videos and pictures of Jordan and Rufus on their road trips. They were quite well travelled dogs. ALL of the pictures were in a storage device and can’t be retrieved despite our best efforts :(
    Georgia Little Pea recently posted..That’s life.My Profile

7. He’s so cute! I’m really glad Sean found these photos – it would have been a shame if the stupid hackers had caused you to lose all your pictures from that day.
    Amy@GoPetFriendly recently posted..Friday Pet Photo ChallengeMy Profile

• Karen Friesecke says:

I was happy when Sean dug up the pictures. I was happier about the videos, I forgot that he was filming them.

8. jan says:

This almost makes me want to get a puppy. Almost. But thanks for providing this fun video so I won’t have to…
    jan recently posted..Why dogs get bored with some toysMy Profile

• Karen Friesecke says:

No kidding. At a year and a half, much hasn’t changed with Dexter. He doesn’t pee in the house, but that level of energy… If I could find a way to bottle it, I’d be rich!

9. Sage says:

Puppies are soooooo cute. I know how happy you were able to get these pictures back!
    Sage recently posted..It’s My Birthday!My Profile

10. Kristine says:

Yay! So glad you still have these. Love the puppy clumsiness!

That will teach you – and us – to always back up. I am terrible at it myself and just have all my thousands of photos saved on my computer. If that ever crashes, that’s a lot of memories to lose.
    Kristine recently posted..An Introvert’s #BarkWorld ExperienceMy Profile

• Karen Friesecke says:

Since I changed web hosts, they do a DAILY back-up!! How cool is that? Every few months I try to burn a CD of all my pics on the computer, but I haven’t done one in awhile. Thanks for the reminder!

Joomla templates by a4joomla